In order for the Updater to initialise its sound engine, you need what's called a Fraunhofer MP3 Codec installed on your machine, the good news is that this codec ships with many versions of windows by default! The bad news is that apparently you don't have this codec ?
One thing you can try is installing the ACM codec. Here's how to do this:
- Create a folder called LAME in your C drive
- Download the ACM codec, and extract the downloaded zip file to C:\LAME (the folder you just created).
- Next, run command prompt as an administrator (go to start, type in CMD, right click the cmd application, and click on "Run as Administrator")
- Copy and paste the following command into CMD: cd %windir%\SysWOW64
- Finally, copy and paste the following command to install the codec: rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 0 C:\LAME\LameACM.inf
- After that, restart your machine and try running the Updater again. Hopefully, this should fix the error.