While ZIBO Updater is completely safe, there are times when Windows Security/Defender may flag ZIBO Updater as a false positive. For instance, having out of date security definitions can trip a false positive on your system. A false positive can prevent ZIBO Updater from running, or cause the executable to be deleted from your system.
In other cases, when new malware definitions are published, ZIBO Updater may be flagged by Windows Security/Defender, requiring the developer to request a manual review of the software by Microsoft, who then publish an updated security definition database with a whitelist entry for the software.
To solve the issue, you need to make sure you have the latest definitions in order to rule out the possibility of an outdate database, then you need to remove the malware signature from your system in order to resume using the software.
Solution 1 - Updating the signature database via Windows Security, then restoring ZIBO Updater
- In the start menu, type in Windows Security, then hit return. You will see a window like this:
- Click on Virus & Threat Protection, then scroll down until you see Virus & threat protection updates:
- Click Check for updates, then the Check for updates button:
- Windows defender will now grab the latest malware signature database:
You may now need to download ZIBO Updater again, and/or remove the virus detection from your system:
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 above, and then click on protection history
- Click on the detection relating to ZIBO Updater:
- Click the Actions button, and then click on Restore
Solution 2 - Manually removing the detection, and updating your signature database (Recommended)
Open command prompt as administrator and run the following 3 commands (Please note command #2 may not always run successfully, but do make sure to run command 1 and command 3):
cd %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender
MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures
Alternatively, the latest definition is available for download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions